Advice & Tips
TIPS TO TAKE YOU TO THE TOP OF YOUR CLASS!
Here's some more handy hints and tips to help you maximise your time in the boardroom and out.
Basic Planning Tips
- Determine date(s) and time of the meeting(s).
- Decide on destination.
- Is accommodation required? If yes how many?
- Will food & beverages be required?
- Type of audio visual required?
- Determine the total budget spend
• Meeting Space
• Food & Beverage
• Audio Visual
• Travel / flights
- If the meeting is for more than one day, determine the daily schedule.
- Do you require a Web Booking Link?
- How many rooms will be required each night of the meeting?
- What is the breakdown number of singles / doubles and villas? Ask us about the different room types we have to offer.
- How many people will occupy each room?
- What is the budgeted accommodation rate?
- Are connecting rooms required?
- Determine who / how the accommodations reservations will be made.
- Do all rooms need to be on the same floor or wing / near each other?
- Check with the hotel when the final rooming list will be required.
- Determine the number of people attending each day.
- Determine the appropriate meeting room size by viewing the capacity chart.
- Are the start and end times the same each day?
- Are off site areas / activities required?
- Is natural light a priority in meeting rooms?
- Outline your audio visual requirements based on your agenda and speakers.
- What type of meeting packages does the hotel offer?
- Does the meeting package rates include 24 our access?
- Is a phone or speaker needed? Is there a charge for phone conference dialing?
- Is internet service required? How many ports are required and what is the cost?
Food and Beverage
- Determine number of guests to be served at the meeting and at what times.
- Determine menu and beverage choices.
- Do guests have special dietary requirements – please advise property.
- Where will morning and afternoon teas be served?
- Will coffee and/or water be required throughout the meeting?
- Determine food and beverages service charges.
Billing and Payment
- Who is responsible for the payment of guest rooms and the meeting room?
- How will incidentals (phone / room charges) be handled?
- How will final payment be made, Direct deposit / Credit card?
- Who will be authorised to make changes for the meeting that would involve extra charges from the property?
- Is an advanced deposit required? If so is there a payment schedule?
- Do you need to set up a master account with the property If so, what charges will be added and who is authorised to make those charges?
- Is there adequate parking for those guests driving, is there a cost?
- Is transportation available to and from the airport / Is there a schedule or will you need to make reservations / Is there a charge?
- Let the property know if there are any special needs for accommodation, public areas or meeting rooms.
- Ensure the property is aware of the delivery and collection of goods by outside contractors.
- What business services are provided by the property, and what are the charges?
- Make sure you check out all the things to do on Fraser before or after the meeting.