At Kingfisher Bay resort, we make full use of the natural light and ventilation in our conferencing venues… plus we’re just a hop skip and a jump from our hotel, villa and Kingfisher house accommodation – which will cut down your carbon footprint.
Our purpose-built meetings rooms are surrounded by large decks, are filled with natural light and devoid of clutter or distractions, leaving you to get down with the business at hand. Our versatile ballroom space can seat 300 theatre-style, 180 for a banquet dinner or can be sub-divided into three smaller sections. We also have several smaller meetings rooms for training or team projects and large shaded verandahs.
But, with Fraser Island on our doorstep, you might want to change your view on what you’re after in a break-out room and head into the Great Sandy National Park. We take full advantage of the freshwater dune lakes, rainforests and beaches on our doorstep to provide some pretty cool spots to meet.
On Fraser Island, we’re here to help you plan the perfect meeting, but we’re also here to make sure it’s a green as it can possibly be – it’s just one of the reasons we’ve partnered with Accor Hotels to help deliver Carbon Neutral conferences, reduce our carbon footprint, greenhouse gas emissions and combat climate change.
Here are some quick tips that will make a difference to the environment…
- Prepare some environmental guidelines (i.e., glass water bottles not plastic) and share with your group.
- If you’re travelling, choose operators with green policies.
- Look at the venue and choose one that suits the size of your group.
- Don’t print collateral or agendas - these days it is easy to read on your screen.
- Choose a venue that makes best use of natural lighting and ventilation.
- Recycle your meeting material.
- Pick a hotel within walking distance to your conference venue.
- Choose a speaker with an environmental bent – ask us, we may be able to help!
- Use recycled paper, print on both sides and ask us about a recycling bin. We’ll recycle your paper in our onsite worm farm.
- Choose extra-curricular activities that minimise environmental impact.
- Team build – we can talk to QPWS about environmental activities your team can do to help keep Fraser Island pristine.